From excitement and expectation to disillusion and disappointment, it’s been a season of ups and downs — as usual… Here are the 10 most read pieces on Seat Pitch this season
10. Billy Davies vs the media (24 July)
Aside from one particular journalist, Billy Davies still hasn’t spoken to the local media since he returned to Nottingham Forest in February. Paul Severn hopes things change soon…
9. 10 of the best: Stuart Pearce moments (2 April)
The new Nottingham Forest manager? Whatever happens, now or in the future, Stuart Pearce will forever remain a City Ground legend. These are just a few of his best moments. Apologies for the quality of some…
8. The implications of FFP for Championship clubs (5 July)
Financial Fair Play (FFP) has already begun to affect the way Championship clubs are run — everything from transfer fees to wages and developing facilities — but what does it really mean?
7. Billy Davies — stick or twist? (9 March)
Arguably the best Nottingham Forest manager this century, Billy Davies has been dividing opinion with his latest antics. But would the club be a better place without him? Or should he be given more time? Ash Dybala and Liam Harrison argue the case.
6. A word of caution on Karl Darlow (28 August)
With a new four-year contract, Karl Darlow’s future at Nottingham Forest looks bright. And Paul Severn thinks the signing of Dorus de Vries could be a key part in his development…
5. Nottingham Forest and the media. Again. (17 September)
Nottingham Forest’s dealings with the media reached a new low this week as it emerged that the club has banned the Guardian and Observer newspapers from the City Ground.
4. Has Billy Davies dug his own grave? (23 March)
After Saturday’s 5-0 thrashing by Derby County, Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies’ job is under threat. Will Ward believes he’s lost the players, the fans and, more crucially, himself.
3. The ultimate January transfer window rumour update (22 January)
There might be a ‘media blackout’ but that doesn’t mean agents, players, managers and scouts aren’t talking to the press. Whether any of the rumours come true is something else though…
2. Forest confirm commentary deal with BBC Radio Nottingham (1 August)
Nottingham Forest have agreed a three-year commentary deal with BBC Radio Nottingham.
1. The promotion contenders (30 July)
With the likes of QPR, Reading and Wigan as well as Bolton, Leicester and Watford, to name a few, the Championship is likely to be one of the toughest leagues in years this season. Mark Rippey looks at some of the promotion contenders…