Nottingham Forest fought back against QPR to earn a share of the spoils at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.
Jack Colback struck deep into stoppage time to cancel out a first-half goal scored by Lyndon Dykes.
It was no more than Steve Cooper’s team deserved. Forest were unlucky not to get two penalties in the first half and they had the majority of the play throughout.
Following the game in West London, we looked at who we thought were Forest’s three best players.
Three best Forest players against QPR:
Read it and weep critics, Yates was utterly superb under the Friday night floodlight. In all seriousness, this was the level of performance that would earn him plaudits on a more frequent basis.
He threw himself into tackles, helped out with attacks and passed the ball superbly well, typically trying to get Forest moving forwards.
Yates has endured some critical comments and some of them were deserved earlier in the season. Now, he deserves to lap up the praise he is rightly receiving from the fan base.
Forest’s Mr Steady returned to form after a somewhat lapse performance against Fulham last week.
He was always going to have a tough night up against his international teammate Dykes, although he largely coped with him well.
McKenna is learning the heart of moving the ball better and linked up well with the attacks down the left-hand side.
Sky Sports raved about the Forest youngster all night and what a tremendous performance this was by the 20-year-old.
Admittedly he perhaps needs to improve his decision making in and around the box but his tenacity to beat defenders isn’t in any question.
Johnson looks destined for the top and Forest would be wise to get a new contract on the table for the youngster – and quickly!
- Confirmed: Morgan Gibbs-White squad number revealed after Nottingham Forest announcement
- Report shares why Nottingham Forest haven't signed 'incredible' £62,000-a-week star
- Report: Nottingham Forest not currently pursuing £35,000-a-week star amid Gibbs-White news
- Report explains how Nottingham Forest have structured huge deal, Cooper will be thrilled
- Report: £105,000-a-week Real Madrid player misses training amid Nottingham Forest interest