Young Nottingham Forest striker Dale Taylor has earned a Northern Ireland call-up and boxing legend Carl Frampton has reacted.
The former two-weight World Champion has also offered some fighting talk to Euro 2020 winner Giorgio Chiellini.
Taylor has been named in Ian Baraclough’s squad for the first time.
He will join up with his compatriots for games against Lithuania and Italy at Windsor Park later this month.
Taylor gets the call up despite not stepping up to first-team football at Forest just yet.
He arrived at the City Ground in the summer of 2020 and turned professional in December of the same year.
Last season he started with the under-18 outfit but finished the campaign as a regular in Andy Reid’s under-23 team.
Now, he could be set for a baptism of fire as Northern Ireland finish their World Cup qualifying campaign this month.
The Green and Whites can’t make next winter’s World Cup in Qatar and perhaps that’s why Baraclough now wants a look at Taylor.
It’s quite an achievement for the 17-year-old who famously scored for the first-team at Linfield as a 15-year-old.
What has Frampton said about Forest starlet Taylor?
The Jackal has warned Chiellini to be wary of the underdog when Italy travel to Northern Ireland!
Frampton seems to think that Taylor could have a massive impact and has predicted a bright future for the Forest youngster.
This could be just the confidence boost that the striker needs to earn himself a shot in the first team at Forest.
Steve Cooper is brilliant with the younger players and he’ll surely be monitoring Taylor closely.
For now, Frampton thinks that Chiellini and Italy must be wary of the Forest wonderkid!
- Watch Steve Cooper superbly salute Nottingham Forest fans, footage goes down a storm
- Superhuman 25-year-old and player set for stardom: 3 takeaways as Nottingham Forest beat Derby
- Report: Nottingham Forest hit stalemate over 27-year-old, manager is defiant
- Player loved by Murphy fluffs Nottingham Forest audition and Reds must look elsewhere
- Djed Spence sends hilarious Instagram message to Nottingham Forest teammate