The latest international break offers a time for reflection for Nottingham Forest fans. For Steve Cooper, he must be feeling delighted at the points haul he has collected so far at the City Ground.
The Reds have claimed 21 points from nine matches since he arrived at the club. Yesterday’s 3-0 win over Preston was the latest win in what has been a tremendous run of form.
Forest have scored in all but one of the games they’ve played since Cooper came into the club. To say he has the same players at his disposal as Chris Hughton did, the transformation has been telling.
The head coach is striking the right tones with supporters. One thing that has become customary following a victory is the trademark three fist pumps in the direction of the fan base.
Yesterday, it was The Peter Taylor Stand that got treated to the celebration. The A Block were sent into their raptures by Cooper who couldn’t hide his delight at the three points.
The former Swansea boss has overseen six wins, three draws and just a single defeat since checking in at Forest.
His team are now motoring up the Championship table and for supporters, things look to be changing for the better on Trentside.
Cooper proving a breath of fresh air for Forest
Hughton is a good bloke and a nice guy but his time at the City Ground was largely passionless with his press conferences doing little to inspire.
Cooper’s time at the club so far has played out with contrasting fortunes. He’s saying the right things and there appears to be a real connection between the boss and the supporters.
For Forest, the challenge is to continue improving and ultimately continue climbing the Championship table.
With Cooper at the helm, there really is no ceiling as to what can be achieved during 2021/22.
- Former chairman thinks Everton should look at 'incredible' Nottingham Forest man
- Report: League One club make transfer decision that could help Forest land 22-year-old
- 'I wanted to go': 23-year-old Murphy fancied was desperate to secure Nottingham Forest transfer
- Report claims that Nottingham Forest weren't happy with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp recently
- Eddie Hearn makes exciting claim about Leigh Wood that should excite Nottingham Forest fans