Nottingham Forest head coach Steve Cooper has heaped praise on Jack Colback for his performance during a 1-1 draw against QPR.
The Forest midfielder scored a last-gasp equaliser for the Reds and was largely impressive throughout the Friday night clash in West London.
Colback has earned a renaissance under the management of Cooper. He has won his place back in the side and has looked largely impressive.
He was at the centre of attention on Friday as his volleyed effort deep into injury time flew into the net and handed Forest an unlikely point.
Nobody can knock Colback’s character and he’s roared back to form to become an important part of Cooper’s new-look Reds team.
The Forest head coach was happy with his player’s showing on Friday and told Sky Sports as much after Friday’s contest.
He said: “If he believes that then we’ll try and do it for him. I’m pleased for Jack. He’s been really good the last couple of weeks both on and off the pitch. It was good for him to get the goal.”
Forest take on Sheffield United on Tuesday night before facing Preston North End at the City Ground on Saturday.
Colback will be hoping to keep his place ahead of a plethora of midfield options.
Experienced: Colback showing true colours for Forest
Colback has been brilliant since Cooper checked into the City Ground and long may that continue.
On Friday he roared into tackles, broke play up and was largely impressive in possession of the ball.
At 32 Colback won’t be around forever in the Forest midfield, although right now he’s arguably one of the team’s most important players.
Criticism of his was untoward earlier this season and he was by no means as bad as some supporters dared to make out.
Now, he’s showing his true colour and hopefully, Colback can stay in form for a little while longer.
- Report: Nottingham Forest not currently pursuing £35,000-a-week star amid Gibbs-White news
- Report explains how Nottingham Forest have structured huge deal, Cooper will be thrilled
- Report: £105,000-a-week Real Madrid player misses training amid Nottingham Forest interest
- Report: Nottingham Forest set to sign 'sensational' £35m-rated star, medical booked for today
- EFL boss wowed by 'excellent' Nottingham Forest gem, says Steve Cooper 'really likes him'