Alex Mighten has heaped praise on Nottingham Forest striker Lewis Grabban after his heroics on Saturday.
That took Grabban’s tally for the campaign to eight, eclipsing the six he managed during the entirety of the 2020/21 season.
At 33, the Forest man is ageing like a fine bottle of merlot and he’s enjoying his football under Steve Cooper.
The new head coach has given each player a new lease of life and Grabban has hit the goal trail in emphatic style.
Grabban made it to 51 goals at the City Ground with his pair of strikes on Saturday and he’s busy silencing his critics.
Mighten has raved about his teammate and believes he’s bang in form right now.
The teenager told The Athletic: “We know his strengths; we know he’s a menace in the box. He just scored goals. That’s his job. When we give him the service and when we help him as we have been doing, it shows.
“He is getting more touches in dangerous areas; he is getting more opportunities and that helps his style of play. It’s going well for him this season and we need to help him continue that.”
Form: Grabban can fire Forest up the Championship
There is of course a long way to go this season but with Grabban in this type of form, there aren’t many better than him at this level.
Forest have to continue creating chances for their talisman and if they do that the goals should continue to flow.
The striker arrived on Trentside in 2018 for £6 million and he’s proved to be pretty decent value for money.
Cooper knows he has a top striker in his ranks and the challenge for him is to get his team to continue creating chances for Grabban to tuck away.
- 'Awesome': Some Nottingham Forest fans buzzing with 'massive' Thursday announcement
- Report: Nottingham Forest 27-year-old set for surprise exit, he'll link up with Tiago Silva
- Report: West Ham want 25-year-old Nottingham Forest star, Cooper thinks he's 'incredible'
- Nottingham Forest man snapped in club colours as CG exit edges closer
- Sky Sports reporter claims Tottenham want 'incredible' Nottingham Forest man, Arteta keen also